• how we collect personal information
• the kind of personal information we collect
• how we use, and may share, your personal information
• responsibility for personal information collected through linked third-party websites
• how you can access/amend your personal information
• how long we hold personal information; and
• how we transfer personal information globally
• legal rights around managing your privacy
• who you can contact for further information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you by the following means:
• when you or someone on your behalf purchase a service from us
• when you or someone on your behalf contact us
• when we otherwise provide information or services to you.
The kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you give us or authorise others to provide to us (which may include your name, date of birth and email address). We may also keep a record of communications we have with you, information we obtain in the course of providing services to you and any information that you acquire from us. We store all our data (including your personal information) on a secure Microsoft cloud platform, Microsoft Office 365 applications, as well as other developer applications through service agreements to provide products and services. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with any services that you may have purchased from us
• to reply to your queries
• to comply with relevant laws and regulations
• for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected
• for our administrative purposes (including debt recovery if relevant); and
• to protect our legitimate safety and security concerns. We may disclose information about you (including your identity):
• to our service providers and other third-parties to the extent reasonably required to provide you with our services, or the information you have requested, or for our business or administrative purposes which may include, without limit, confirming your compliance with any applicable terms relating to our services and addressing any non-compliance with those terms)
• to any of our affiliates and related entities
• to any person you authorise us to disclose information about you to
• by written request to government agencies such as (but not limited to) the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, Inland Revenue, Immigration NZ and the Accident Compensation Corporation; and
• if we are required to do so during the course of legal proceedings or other investigations.
We may use “cookies” and collect session information to provide you with access to tailored information and services on the Site, and to serve you better when you return to it. A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Site. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity, using their browser settings, to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, deleted, or not to receive cookies at any time. Information supplied by cookies and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Site’s visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Responsibility for personal information collected through linked third-party websites
How you can access/amend your personal information
To access the personal information being held by us, or to request a copy, or to request a correction to that information, please contact the privacy officer on firstname.lastname@example.org If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. If you request a correction and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, an amended record of your personal information will be provided back to you.
How long we hold personal information
We will keep your personal information for only as long as necessary for use in connection with the purpose for which it was collected.
Transferring personal information globally
We operate in New Zealand. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred and stored using cloud technology and stored in countries outside of New Zealand, that are subject to different standards of data protection.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests.
To this end:
• where we transfer your personal information to third parties who help provide our products and services, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information; or
• where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we validate these requests before any personal information is disclosed.
You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
Legal rights around managing your privacy
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from Privacy Breaches, namely:
• unauthorised or accidental access, disclosure, alteration, loss, destruction of your personal information; and
• actions which prevent us from accessing your personal information on a temporary or permanent basis.
If your personal information is subject to a privacy breach which causes or is likely to cause serious harm, we will notify you and the Privacy Commissioner in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020. If you wish to access or change your personal information, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you.
You can access your information by emailing us at email@example.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to respond to your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.